Thursday, 18 April 2013

The Walk-A-Thon

On the Walk-A-Thon I walked 16 laps and walked with my friends. My favorite part was thinking I was making a difference and walking with my friend. My mom held my water bottle and wanted to walk with me but I kept running with my friends. When the Walk-A-Thon ended I got to eat a Popsicle and gave half to my mom. When you finished you would get a hole from a parent and that was how you would keep track of how many laps you did. My mom said she would pay me 5 dollars per lap so I got 80 dollars from my parents. I was glad that I started strong and ended strong. My brother thought I wouldn't do ten laps but I past ten and got sixteen. My goal was to walk or run more then ten laps or ten.

1 comment:

  1. Kourtney, you did a great job walking, and running, at the walk-a-thon. I was happy to sponsor you a lot as I knew it went to a good cause. I am very proud of your desire to meet your goal- even if you didn't want to walk with your mom!

    ReplyDelete