Kourtney‘s Restaurant Review
“Grumble, grumble, grumble” my stomach rumbled for food as I looked in the steaming room of people making small round hot dumplings and carrying them off to tables. I’m here to tell you about the fantastic world of Din Tai Fung!
First of all, the atmosphere is inviting and warm.The reason why it is inviting and warm is because there are fancy lights and comfortable wooden chairs at wooden tables. In the middle of some tops of tables there is a marble spinning circle that is called the Lazy Susan. You can put food on and spin it so you can get other foods . Also there is some air con but not too much so the temperature is just right. There’s stone walls and clean tables with statues. Most of all there is no smells that could make you sick or feel sick. Instead your mouth will water at the smells. One thing they could improve on is there’ no music so maybe they could add some but not pop:l
Another reason, why you should like Din Tai Fung is the appetizer is delicious and fast. For the appetizer it's fast to come and served first because you can order the size and there’s a variety of appetizers. One way they could improve would be by letting you choose if you want spices or not. I had a spicy cucumber cut up for like a first class president or a million dollar man. I also had a hot and sour soup that was fantastically served and not over or under cooked. The soup was like a heart full of love: it is warm and full of peacefulness with a kick to it. The best part of it is there is a appetizer that has chopped vegetables, tofu and noodles all mixed in one. It is served room temperature.
The second meal, I had was the stunning main course!I had dumplings, rice and greens. The cooks put the uncooked dumplings in baskets. Then the cooks put the baskets in steam to cook the dumplings. The best part of the dumplings was that they were filled with juice and I ordered the pork dumplings and they were not boiling hot and not freezing cold. The rice was scrumptious and the good part about the rice is there is a variety of choices. If you chose to have rice with egg there is choices about if you want pork chops on top or just egg with rice. The best part of the rice was the rice was perfectly warm and smelled like baked bread with a sweet and sour taste to it. Finally the greens…the stir fried spinach with garlic was excellent because when you tasted it, you could taste spinach and other flavors. The best part of the greens was they were juicy and they were covered with garlic. Definitely don’t miss the dumplings, rice or spinach when you go.
Did not have any desserts while we had room left for dessert, none of the option available sounded tasty, so we skipped dessert at Din Tai Fung.
Finally, I’ll tell you about the great service.One good thing about Din Tai Fung is if you need to wait for tables the servers give you the menu so you don’t have to do it inside when you are sitting and waiting. Even though this is a Chinese restaurant, the service staff speak English and are fast at coming to serve and refill your drinks. What do you do to entertain yourself? Well you can watch the cooks make the dumplings and then get served! What I loved the most about the service was that the service always came when we called them.
“Yum, yum, yum!” My stomach was full and happy as I walked out of Din Tai Fung. My eyes took one last glance at the steaming room of people making dumplings and the wonderful world of Din Tai Fung as I began to plan my next visit…you should go with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment